Black Phoenix Feather Hat
Black Phoenix Feather Hat
"The Black Phoenix Feather Hat is an amazing creation of gold tipped black goose feathers and the head of a phoenix bird arranged on a simple face hugging hat."
Black Phoenix Feather Hat is an amazing creation of gold tipped black feathers arranged on a simple face hugging percher style hat.
This piece was created for a runway event "Slavic Fairy Tales" presented at the Fashions of Multicutural Australia (FOMA) in Sydney, December 2022, and also showcased in the Melbourne Fashion Festival in March 2023.
Black Phoenix Feather Hat is a piece that will create immediate interest and attract everyone's attention. You will stand out from the crowd.
This hat should sit down on the right side of your head with the tip falling just below your eyeline. The gold and black strands will create the illusion of long hanging earrings. You can wear this hat anywhere you like. Certainly this is a hat for the Spring Races and a definite Fashions on the Field hat. The Black and gold feathers will compliment so many outfits. With black and gold you can wear this in the day or evening.
The hat block shape used to create this percher is "Giselle"- a custom made shape to Wendys requirements, from the UK block maker Guy Morse Brown.
• The base hat is a simple percher style cap that neatly sits to the side of your head down to just above the eye. In this case the hat has been designed to sit down the right side.
• The whole cap is covered with overlapping black goose feathers.
• Moreover the tip of each black feather has been covered in gold paint. This creates a beautiful pattern of black and gold.
• Additionally there is a surprise with the head of a phoenix bird that rises at the top and elegantly curves to the shape of the hat.
• In addition to add a final flourish black and gold threads hang down from the tip of the hat. These cascade down over your shoulder.
• They end in glitters of gold thread.
• An elastic and comb are attached to ensure this sits snugly and securely on your head.
Shipping and pickup
All pieces can be shipped for a flat rate of $30 across Australia. Ready to wear pieces have shipping included. Alternatively you can visit Wendy Scully in store at the The Emporium, Melbourne, Australia and pick it up for free.
Custom OrdersContact Wendy today for a custom order
All millinery pieces by Wendy Scully are one-off's. If an item is no longer available please get in touch to order your own bespoke version. She is happy to remake previous pieces with your own input and customisations, but be aware there will always be minor differences between hats due to their unique nature.